From the Roundtable: Power Lunch: a productive forum for leaders public and private

Something we are increasingly proud of at the Columbia Business Times is our Power Lunch…

From the Roundtable: Broadening Broadway is in the best interest of ALL Columbians

The Broadway narrative is well known. The street that runs through the center of Columbia…

From the Roundtable: Columbia Photo move rekindles memories of homegrown business

On June 28, 1967, I walked into Capen’s, a relatively small photography store at 1009…

From the Roundtable: Return The Tiger to its glory by approving tax increment financing

The Tiger Hotel has been a downtown landmark since it opened in November 1928. Six…

From the Roundtable: New police chief a good choice as crime debate divides city

One of the things Denver-area native Ken Burton says he’s looking forward to is returning…

From the Roundtable: Power Brokers should engage in constructive, not destructive, activity

One of the most intriguing mysteries within any community is figuring out who has the…

From the Roundtable: Economic recovery will require realistic cooperation from all sides

Peering into 2009 leaves me uncertain about local economic conditions given the huge financial upheaval…

From the Roundtable: Keep Historical Society in Columbia, even if it takes eminent domain

Forty years ago, the city directory listed 227 S. Sixth St. as the address of…

From the Roundtable: Stop red-light cameras, green-light count-down signals and get in sync

Worth noting are a couple of interesting segments last week during KFRU’s “Morning Meeting” while…

From the Roundtable: City, university join businesses in cutting expenses during downturn

Sometimes I feel like a canary in a coal mine. That was the caged bird…

From the Roundtable: The lines in the battle of West Broadway are drawn once more

The word libraried may not be in the dictionary, but that’s the term one KFRU…

From the Roundtable: Building demolition waiting period could clash with owner’s rights

Very few communities have evaded the demolition of historic buildings. Sometimes they’re deemed historic before…