From the Roundtable: Add pay, hiring power for Council members? Proceed with caution

Five decades have passed since I attended my first City Council meeting in the old…

From the Roundtable: Long after “jumper” incident, pedestrian bridge still poses problem

*From the Roundtable*Long after “jumper” incident, pedestrian bridges in Columbia remain unchanged.

From the Roundtable: Downtown camera surveillance? A good idea, if well-planned

Now it’s up to the voters to decide whether downtown Columbia will be equipped with…

From the Roundtable: Get out; Columbia is allowing ads on city buses?

It’s something so incredible; I wonder where I’ve been all these years. The news flash:…

From the Roundtable: Bottomland wells? Bad idea 20 years ago, bad idea today

My recollections about Columbia’s drinking water go back only a few decades, but it’s always…

From the Roundtable: MiTek departs, empty building roster goes up another notch

Doesn’t there seem to be an abundance of vacant commercial buildings for sale or rent…

From the Round Table: City inspectors should mimic police enforcement standards

KAB-278, the Columbia-Boone Joint Communications radio station, crackles with excitement on a weekend evening. Although…

From the Roundtable: What went wrong with the YouZeum? A boondoggle from the start?

Many of us had such high hopes for the YouZeum, an interactive project that began…

From the Roundtable: High-level resignations feed the local gossip mill

Often what interests us the most is what we know the least about. This is…

“We Always Swing” – Celebrating 15 years of jazz

The “We Always Swing” Jazz Series will mark its 15th anniversary with the return of…

From the Roundtable: Mayor’s retirement news kicks off humdinger election season

It’s been a long and productive run for five-term Mayor Darwin Hindman. Hindman grew up…

From the Roundtable: Digging into the origin of KFRU’s ‘Quicky Quiz’ anything but quick

It began with a call from David Lile, host of the Morning Show on News…