Chicken and Dijon Mushroom Sauce

Cookin With Hoss: Dijon Mushroom Sauce

Although the weather doesn’t always seem to be in agreement, fall is just around the…

Single Engine Plane in Sky

Inspiring Greatness Throughout CPS

In August, we gathered all of our nearly 3,000 employees together for the first time…

Kim and her daughter on graduation day from Missouri State University

I am (mostly) thankful for the lessons

I feel like every year when the kids go back to school is like a…

Tree with educational illustrations as its leaves

Helping Dreams Take Root

Founder Ray Hall and his “dream team,” made up of Karmella Wright and Eddie Pilot,…

Group of school children running through walkway with backpacks and lunch sacks.

Back-to-School Memories: My lifelong transformation

As the back-to-school season rolls around, my mind always drifts back to my own educational…

The 25th marker on the African-American Heritage Trail in Columbia, Missouri, recognizes the lynching of Black teen George Bush in 1889.

New Marker Recognizes ‘Despicable’ Side of Boone County History

Ceremony memorializes lynching of Black teen George Bush from the Boone County jail 134 years…

Gettyimages Stop Racism

Ceremony Memorializes 1889 Lynching

Local and national speakers set to address Boone County’s dark past. A ceremony to place…

Jodie Jackson's pollinator on a coneflower

We asked COMO Staff… What is your favorite flora or fauna and why?

I love gnomes! I got this cute little guy at Superior Garden, but my puppy…

Billy The Goat Following A Young And Sassy Kim Ambra Down The Driveway At Wagon Wheel Ranch

Growing up on Wagon Wheel Ranch

Editor-In-Chief, Kim Ambra highlights ranch life for a city girl and the shenanigans that come along with it.

Agriculture student interacting with livestock

Agriculture and Columbia Public Schools

Dr. Brian Yearwood discusses agriculture and Columbia Public Schools.

School Kids

Supporting Public Schools is Good Business

Dr. Brian Yearwood discusses the district’s Partners in Education program which has provided an avenue for more than 250 Columbia businesses to be actively engaged in our schools.

Fresh Green Bean and Potato Salad

Cookin’ With Hoss

Learn how to make Fresh Green Bean & Potato Salad in this installment of Cookin’ with Hoss.