Boone County National Bank
Boone County National Bank made the following hires and promotions:
- Donna Zumwalt to assistant vice president of the South County Bank;
- Raven Martin, Josh Adams, Karisa Helton and Jared Woods to teller II;
- Patrick Payton and Bonnie Ngo to senior teller;
- Jane Bacon to customer service representative II;
- Nick Kenny and Lucas Redburn to officers for the investor services department;
- Ed Harre to credit administration officer of the lending department;
- Chris Palmer to community bank officer of the lending department at Hallsville Bank;
- Sarah Moreau to consumer loan officer of the lending department;
- Ed Svacone to executive vice president;
- Julie Arnett, Patrick Madigan and C.O. Scheffer to vice presidents;
- Patrick Payton, Shea Martin and Emily French to consumer banking representative;
- Latoya Williams to customer service representative for the customer service center;
- Michael Antinoro to cash management specialist;
- Rick Means was elected by the Boone County National Bank Board of Directors as president and CEO of Shelter Insurance Companies;
- Karen Cornell joined as compliance officer.
Oswald joined the University of Missouri Extension Business Development Program as fiscal manager, effective April 14. She has experience with MU in its hospital and financial systems. Oswald earned her bachelor’s degree in business administration from Columbia College.
Three Williams-Keepers LLC associates earned their CPA licenses. David Beach serves as a tax associate in the Columbia office; Shelby Graham serves as a tax associate in the Jefferson City office; and Danielle Harper serves as an audit associate in the Jefferson City office. Also, Will McWilliams, a financial adviser for the company, was ranked 25th on WealthManagement.com’s list of Top Next Generation Independent Broker Dealer Advisers.
Columbia Public Schools
Rock Bridge Elementary School and Hickman High School welcomed new principals. Dr. Jill Dunlap Brown will replace Mary Korth-Lloyd at Rock Bridge, and Eric Johnson will replace Tracey Conrad at Hickman. Both changes will be effective at the end of the school year. With these hires comes the departure of Deputy Superintendent Nick Boren, who will retire June 30 after 29 years of service.
Columbia Area Career Center
The Columbia Area Career Center has a new director next school year, as Linda Rawlings, the current director, announced her retirement for the end of the school year. Randall Gooch will take over. Gooch is the current assistant director at the center. He has more than 15 years of educational experience.
Landmark Bank announced seven promotions: The bank promoted Jay Alexander to senior vice president. Heather Clark has been promoted to vice president, security risk officer. Leighanne Lamb has been promoted to vice president, real estate lender. Megan Schawo has become the vice president of wealth management. John Findley has become the assistant vice president and will continue his role as a commercial lender. Jill Thompson is the new assistant vice president at the Stadium West location. Robert Hill and Tyler Phillips have been promoted to banking officers. The bank also hired David Shipper to be Columbia’s debit card manager.
Dean Mills, dean of the MU School of Journalism, announced on Feb. 27 that Reeves has been named news director at KOMU-TV. Reeves, an associate professor at MU’s School of Journalism, will replace Stacey Woelfel, effective Sept. 1. Reeves is currently KOMU-TV’s executive producer.
R. Bowen Loftin, MU chancellor, awarded one of the 2014 William T. Kemper Fellowships for Teaching Excellence to Krug, an assistant teaching professor of physical therapy in the MU School of Health Professions. He has been in the Department of Physical Therapy since 2001. The fellowship comes with a $10,000 check.
The Bank of Missouri in Columbia has announced the addition of Dr. Schultz as an advisory director for he Columbia market. Schultz graduated from MU with degrees in biology and medicine. He is the CEO and co-founder of Providence Urgent Care, and he is a board certified emergency medicine physician.
Rentschler has qualified for the Court of the Table and membership in the Million Dollar Roundtable, an international association of nearly 19,000 leading life insurance producers. Rentschler is a wealth management adviser with Northwestern Mutual. He has been a part of the company since 1986.
MBS Textbook Exchange
MBS Textbook Exchange Inc. announced the following promotions:
- Wayne Thoenen to warehouse operations manager;
- Isaac Stroupe to automated storage and retrieval supervisor;
- Ralph Lee to direct account manager;
- Adam Reed to partnership manager for MBS Direct Client Rep Higher Ed;
- Matt Redig to manager of Consumer Direct Fulfillment Services;
- Scott Bousquet to in-house purchasing agent for inventory control;
- Sean Douglas to implementation consultant for MBS Systems;
- Johnathon Blevins to senior marketing associate for textbooks.com;
- Caitlin Wanta to general operations Web designer of Direct Division;
- Kristina Leyden to account manager of Direct Division.
Elizabeth J. Parks
The MU Clinical Research Center has named Parks its new associate director. Parks has been with the MU School of Medicine since October of 2013. She has worked as a professor in the Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology and the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Carrie Ward, residential banker for Providence Bank Mortgage, will expand her services to Ashland and Columbia. She will continue to serve in Jefferson City. In addition, Providence Bank has made the following promotions:
- Lee Hendrickson to executive vice president, CFO and Risk Committee liaison;
- Shatenita Horton to vice president, Banking Center manager and security officer;
- Richard Parker to vice president and chief compliance officer;
- Richard Poston to vice president, treasurer;
- Michelle Abbott to assistant vice president.
Terry from Taxi Terry was chosen as a winner of the Youth Empowerment Zone’s “Black Men Rock” award. The award recognizes black male entrepreneurs who make a difference in the community. It is the first year that YEZ has given out the award.
MidwayUSA has made the following hires and promotions:
- Jessica Gardner was promoted to human resources specialist, recruiting;
- Phillip Walls was hired as a help desk technician in the Information Systems department;
- Matt Pritchett has been hired as an application developer for the Information Systems department;
- Jeff Larkin is the new vice president of marketing;
- Stan Frink has become the vice president of human resources;
- Adam Ray is the new vice president of customer support;
- Deanna Herwald will serve as the new vice president of Quality Management Systems;
- Bill Clinton was promoted to vice president of merchandising.
The following positional changes have taken place at The Broadway:
- James Lee was named revenue sales manager;
- Natalie Imhoff was appointed director of sales;
- Nicole Schweinsberg was named catering sales manager;
- Shelby Vermilye was selected as front office manager;
- Aric Jarvis was appointed assistant general manager;
- Bob McDonald was named general manager.