For homeowners who are considering beginning an exterior siding remodeling project, finding a high-quality siding contractor is one of the most critical aspects of the project’s success. We’re going to look at some of the most essential qualities of a good contractor, and how those qualities can help ensure a smooth, professional installation process that meets manufacturer requirements.
When ready to start looking for a good siding contractor, you need to evaluate several conditions before making a decision. Remember, this is going to be someone working on the primary line of defense for your home against the elements. Here are 5 of the biggest factors you should look at.
1. Creating A Detailed Proposal: A detailed proposal is one of the biggest indicators of a siding contractor’s commitment to professionalism and quality results. It should include a written description of the work to be performed, the product manufacturers and colors selected to be installed, and easy to understand contract language. A solid proposal will help to eliminate many potential disputes later on.
2. Educated on the Best Siding Materials: You may not be able to investigate this factor until you pick your material, but your contractor should be intimately familiar with the siding material that you decide on. Whether you select vinyl, James Hardie fiber cement, or LP SmartSide, your contractor should be able to demonstrate their expertise with the material and provide you with the pros and cons of each. This will ultimately help ensure that it can be installed properly and without making an abundance of mistakes, while also helping you to make the best decision for your goals and budget.
3. They Set Appropriate Expectations: Any good siding contractor will take the time and make the effort to set appropriate expectations with their clients. They should set expectations regarding the project’s anticipated direction, forecasted or potential problems, and the costs of the project. Experienced siding sales people should be knowledgeable and able to explain the installation process step-by-step.
4. Warranty Knowledge: Understanding the warranty options that are available for your siding project can have a significant effect on the product you ultimately choose. Any contractor that isn’t familiar with their products’ warranties will generally tell you it will “last forever” or something similar, but nothing lasts forever, which is important to remember when choosing products based on warranty coverage.
5. Excellent Communication: Communication is essential in any home improvement project, and a good siding company will help keep you informed through every step of the process. There will be times when you have questions about your project, or simply want an update on the day’s process, and your contractor should be ready to help keep you updated. Good siding companies will notify you immediately of issues and let you know the proposed solution as well.
CoMo Premium Exteriors has an entire team of highly-experienced, skilled siding professionals that put the customer’s satisfaction first. We’ll make sure you have a detailed, transparent proposal, and help you determine what siding options are ideal for your home.
Experience the difference in working with an exceptional siding contractor, and let CoMo Premium Exteriors show you how our team can put the highest industry standards to work on your project. Reach out to make an appointment for an estimate from the leading siding contractor in Columbia, Jefferson City, and surrounding areas.
With more than 20 years in the construction field, Chet’s experience ranges from running operations for a local garage door company to managing large scale remodeling projects for a local contractor. Chet began his career with CoMo Premium Exteriors as a Sales Rep, then moved to Sales Manager, and now serves as our General Manager. With almost 20 years in the Army National Guard, Chet has superb organizational ability and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the company.